Choosing a good, professional steel fabricator takes more than simply typing into Google “steel fabricator near me.”
You have to know exactly what you’re looking for and trust the company to deliver what you need when you need it, all to a high standard.
Steel fabrication is a very specific role and process. Therefore, making it vital that you find the right person and team for the job.
So, what factors should you consider when looking for a metal fabricator, and how can you make sure that you’re working with the right team?
Before you get started:
Do your research
This is vital. You need to check that the company in question is who they say they are and can deliver on its promises.
This means carrying out a little bit of research.
Check they are based where they state online, and the number is real if you call.
Not only this, but you should be able to find out about the services they offer and a little more about the company and the team you would be working with.
If they have testimonials and links to their social media pages, check these out too. Find out who they have worked with in the past and the sectors they operate in.
Check the quality of their work
Do they have good attention to detail? Do they have the right and appropriate quality standards and certificates to put your mind at ease?
These points are critical in fabrication as even the smallest error can have big implications when working with metal, causing delays, damaged work/pieces, and more.
Check what services they offer
Do they provide the services that you need? For example, can they handle the project from start to finish, offering you a project management service to manage the entire fabrication process?
Do they have any design capability, helping to bring your ideas to life?
Knowing the answers to these questions and understanding how your chosen fabrication company can support you in meeting your requirements can give you 100% confidence in the final product.
What experience do they have?
Does the team have experience across all fabrication processes? Can you check past projects and work? Speak to previous customers, visit their workshop, etc.
What types of projects have they completed to date? Are these similar or linked in any way to your potential project? For example, have they designed and fabricated similar products, and do they have experience working in your industry sector?
Do they offer great customer service?
Everyone wants to receive good customer service and working with steel fabricators is no exception. You need to trust the team you’re outsourcing to; this is your project, your product, and you must have confidence that the fabrication team can deliver this to you.
Look for a team that is honest and transparent in all communications—a team who you can build a long-term relationship with.
- Call and talk to them in person– this can often be the best way to find out more about the team you would be working with and whether you would indeed be able to work with them.
- Get more than one quote– cheaper doesn’t always mean better, and to ensure you get realistic quotes, it’s important to get at least three quotes from three separate fabricators.
- Ask for recommendations– ask if you can speak to some of their past customers and research past projects, providing you with peace of mind when it comes to quality and professionalism.
- Ask about timescales– Rome, as we know, wasn’t built in a day, and the steel fabrication process, depending on requirements, does take time. So make sure to be very clear on your timescales and understand theirs too.
- Check their location– where is the fabrication team based, and ultimately, can they distribute/work in your area?
- Do they hold any accreditations, certificates, or are they part of any membership bodies? These elements can show their commitment to quality, standards, and dedication to their craft.
Finding the right steel fabricator for you
With a wave of metal fabricators advertising their services online and across social media, finding the right fabrication partner to meet your requirements can take time and effort.
Especially as not all fabrication companies are the same.
You need to find a team to meet your vision, values, and requirements.
You need Morfabrication.
A team you can trust, we’re a family-run business that works closely with you through every aspect of the fabrication process. Our wide range of fabrication services, matched with our experience and exceptional customer service, is what sets us apart.
To find out more and to see how the Morfab team can help you with your next fabrication project, call us at 07825 909 669 or email your requirements to email@example.com.